Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Frankenweenie (2012) Blurb


It is nice to see Tim Burton back to his roots.  My favorite Burton films are always the stop-motion and dark, gothic films.  I barely remember the short film of the same name, but it does not matter.  The full-length stop-motion film, Frankenweenie, can stand on its own.  The film threw me into a haze of nostalgia, especially with the voice talents of Winona Ryder.  Because of this, I cannot say how great the film will be for creating a new generation of Burton fans (and especially because the theater was empty except for my husband and me), but for the old ones, it is certainly refreshing to see something familiar, yet new, from Tim Burton.

The film is about a young boy genius whose beloved dog dies and then he figures out how to bring the dog back to life.  It is a really touching story and because of my own connection with animals, and especially the relationship I have with my dog, I cried.  A lot.

I recommend it to any Tim Burton fan- old or new- and especially to those who were once fans, but have since lost their interest.  Maybe this film can rekindle your love for Tim Burton as it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment